Please look up individual books to see if a title is available digitally.
Oxford University Press (OUP) currently produces obooks and VitalSource e-books.
What is an Oxford obook?
The obook is OUP’s own brand of e-book and accessible online through the Oxford Digital Bookshelf at oxforddigital.com.au.obooks provide a truly integrated e-text with extra content and resources built in, including video, audio and links to further content live within the text.
Advantages of an Oxford obook
Some information is just better accessed online. Videos, links, podcasts are all live when online in an Oxford obook. You can watch a case study, flick to a website to read some extra material, then back to the textbook to read a section, listen to the author explain a complex topic, and then answer some revision questions – all online on any device.
- Interviews and videos embedded in the text.
- Audio chapter summaries.
- Hotlinked learning objectives and embedded weblinks.
- ‘Live’ chapter revision questions and answers so readers can type their answers straight into the text.
- Integrated Concise Oxford Dictionary. Highlighting and note-taking features.
- Additional video and audio content not available in the print book.
- Find important information fast by searching your obook for key words.
- OUP obooks have perpetual access and will not expire.
When you purchase an Oxford obook online through this website, you will receive an email containing your obook access code and instructions on how to activate your obook. You can also learn how to activate your obook with our video tutorial.
What is a VitalSource e-book?
OUP Australia VitalSource e-books are accessible to customers anywhere in the world. Vitalsource e-books are a digital version of the text, downloadable to your computer and accessible offline using the free Vital Source Bookshelf software. All your Oxford e-books can be accessed from Bookshelf.
Advantages of a VitalSource e-book:
- Access to the best OUP textbooks at a price that will help those on a tight budget
- You get three-way access to your e-books: download, online, and mobile.
- Available on you desktop (PC and Mac compatible), laptop, tablet, or smartphone (apps available for both Apple and Android platforms).
- The VitalSource Bookshelf allows you to access and transfer your downloaded e-books on all your devices.
- Notes and highlighting functions mean these can be used like any other book, but with the added advantage of being able to share in-text notes with others who have the same e-book.
- Notes and highlights will sync no matter what device they are made on.
- Find important information fast, search in one or all your e-books, your notes or your friends notes. Right-click for immediate word definitions.
- The best-known higher education textbooks, study guides, classics, and more are now available through VitalSource Bookshelf.
Take a look inside an Oxford VitalSource e-book at the video below:
When you purchase a VitalSource e-book online this website, you will receive an email containing your e-book access code and instructions on how to download your e-book. OUP VitalSource e-books have perpetual access and will not expire.
If you have any questions, please contact our digital support team at email@example.com.
Digital Support hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:45pm AEST
Please note: For first time VitalSource users, you will be required to download VitalSource Bookshelf and set up an account to download your e-books. VitalSource Bookshelf is free to download. For system requirements and FAQs please visit bookshelf.vitalsource.com
OUP VitalSource e-books are only available to buy from the OUP ANZ website or participating bookshops. OUP VitalSource e-books are not available through the VitalSource US website.
OUP e-books are single user only and are not available to libraries or institutions at this time.