At Oxford University Press we recognise the importance for educators to explore and develop students’ thinking and doing of mathematics as they build essential mathematical skills and knowledge and the importance of delivering a well-researched and balanced literacy program so in support of educators and leaders in primary education we are sponsoring these major events. We invite you to join us at the 2013 Oxford Primary Forums – a part of Oxford’s ongoing professional support program.
Attend the Oxford Maths Forum to explore:
- the proficiency strands of Understanding, Fluency, Problem Solving, and Reasoning
- how students’ proficiency in mathematical skills develops throughout the Australian Mathematics Curriculum
- how the proficiency strands can be developed and incorporated into the 3 content strands.
Attend the Oxford Literacy Forum to explore:
- the reading research to reading instruction
- the structure of a balanced reading program
- the links and connections between the Big 6
- instructional strategies to successfully implement the Big 6.