New Headway Advanced Workbook with Key
- Lecturer Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Student Resources
- Sample Pages
New Headway is the best-selling series that combines the best of traditional methods with current teaching techniques. New Headway is renowned and valued for a reliable methodology that works at every level. No course offers more in terms of levels, components, and support. The long-awaited, totally new edition of the Advanced level of New Headway, provides a real challenge and stimulus for Advanced learners.
- Up-to-date international topics stimulate interest and discussion.
- A focus on lexis and spoken language in a challenging language syllabus.
- Streamlined structure and design for maximum clarity and sense of progress.
- Building on the original Headway Advanced grammar syllabus, challenging language work really stretches advanced learners.
- Rich, thought-provoking texts and topics actively engage students and stimulate discussion.
- A focus on features of spoken language extends and develops learners' language awareness.
- In-depth study of lexis, with a focus on synonyms, collocation, and idiom, improves learners' command.
- Streamlined units encourage a real sense of progress through the course.
- Listening material from a range of sources, including broadcast material, commissioned interviews with famous people, and vox pops, exposes students to a variety of language.
- A range of reading texts of different genres – newspaper articles, magazine extracts, literature – cater for various interests within a group.
- Thorough practice consolidates and extends language work introduced in the Student's Book
- Vocabulary work recycles and extends topics
- Further work on idioms, phrasal verbs, and collocation
- Separate listening section in each unit specially planned for self-study
- Pronunciation strand with recorded exercises
- Student's Workbook cassette/audio CD with listening exercises and pronunciation work
- Tapescripts at the back of the book
- Available with or without key
Clear focus on grammar
Balanced, integrated-skills syllabus which really stretches high-level students
Real-world speaking skills
Full teacher support - resources, photocopiables, tests and more - in print and online