Published: 15 Nov 07
Availability: Contact Customer Service
Oxford Bookworms Library Third Edition Stage 4 A Tale of Two Cities
- Lecturer Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Student Resources
- Sample Pages
Help your students read their way to better English with this new edition of the world's best graded readers - now with a new range of World Stories, fully revised Factfiles, more audio, and new tests. The new edition includes the original Bookworms stories, plus the Starters, Playscripts and Factfiles, making it easy for you to see the full choice of books at each Stage. The highly acclaimed seven-stage system of grading, from Starter to Stage 6, remains the same, helping you to find the right level for all your students. The Oxford Bookworms Library provides superb reading and student / teacher support for the classroom, and is also highly recommended for schools running Extensive Reading Programmes, offering the right range of books that encourage students to read for pleasure.
- Stunning NEW covers, to get students interested from the start.
- NEW World Stories - collections of short stories written in English from around the world - Africa, Australia, South Asia and more...
- UPDATED Factfiles, with NEW text and colour photos, and a new look.
- UPDATED Tests, including a NEW Multiple-choice Test for every book.
- NEW Teacher's Handbook for each Stage, with answers to the activities in all the books.
- UPDATED Activity Worksheets with a story summary & worksheets at Stages 1-4.
- MORE books available with Audio for students to listen to the complete text.
- Illustrations (including new ones in selected stories) to support the book and help introduce new vocabulary.
- About the Author information, Glossary and Activities section at the back of every book.
- FREE answer keys, tests, story summaries, and photocopiable activities from www.oup.com/elt/bookworms
- 1400 Headwords
- Wordcount 14,850
- Available on Audio CD
'The Marquis lay there, like stone, with a knife pushed into his heart. On his chest lay a piece of paper, with the words: Drive him fast to the grave. This is from JACQUES.' The French Revolution brings terror and death to many people. But even in these troubled times people can still love and be kind. They can be generous and true-hearted . . . and brave.
Word count 14,850