Sounds Right, Read, Write
New South Wales Book 4
- Lecturer Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Student Resources
- Sample Pages
Sounds Right, Read, Write is the most popular phonics series used in Australian schools, providing a sequential approach to the teaching pf phonics, as well as to the development of New South Wales Foundation-style handwriting.
- The most popular phonics series used in Australian schools.
- Engaging activities to develop phonological, visual and morphemic knowledge.
- Use wrods in context.
- Extension activities and review units.
- Scope-and-sequence chart and assessment rubrics to fully support teachers.
- develops alphabet knowledge
- teaches sound/symbol relationships
- reinforces decoding skills used for teaching reading
- introduces sounds, blends, digraphs and homophones in sequential order.
- teaches sight vocabulary of the most frequently used words
- promotes language in context by utilising nursery rhymes, poetry, riddles, fractured tales and interest sentences.
- links the visual formation of letters to the sounds they make
- promotes the specific handwriting style for each state in Australia.