Phonemic Speller Year 2
- Lecturer Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Student Resources
- Sample Pages
The Phonemic Speller focuses on spelling for writing in the early years.
- The ultimate speeling series to support teachers using the phonemic approach to spelling.
- Hear the sound (phoneme) using the pull-out grapheme chart.
- Unit lists include the Oxford Wordlist high-frequency words from the most current Australian research.
- A range of activities to develop phonological, visual and morphemic knowledge.
- Dictation passage show words in context.
- 'Money Box' extension activities.
For each unit of work, The Phonemic Speller features:
- the same approach, so students can begin working with confidence
- focus graphemes (spelling choices) correspond to the pull-out graheme chart
- dictation passages to put the spelling choices in context
- focus phonemes (speech sounds) focus ons ounds and spelling choices
- sound frames show how a number of letters can make one sound
- Oxford Wordlist words are incorporated
- piggy bank words are linked ot multisensory activities
- the money box provides extension activities.
The Phonemic Speller additional features:
- pull-out grapheme chart
- practice pages
- revision units
- self-assessment rubrics
- fold-in spelling strategy and alphabet strips.