Building Numeracy: From Diagnosis to Intervention
- Lecturer Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Student Resources
- Sample Pages
Building Numeracy has been written to assist teachers, at all levels, to develop expertise and confidence in diagnosing student difficulties in mathematics.
A series of numeracy screening tests are provided to allow teachers to readily assess a class, small group or individuals. The tests provide a picture of strengths and weaknesses or gaps in understanding.
Building Numeracy also comes with a CD-ROM that contains a variety of digital resources designed to support the diagnosis and intervention processes.
This book will help teachers to:
- Understand how mathematical concepts and processes are constructed and connected.
- Overcome mathematical misconceptions and inaccurate ways of thinking.
- Plan and implement appropriate intervention programs to build students' competence and confidence.
- Contains a variety of digital resources designed to support the diagnosis and intervention processes.
- It also includes a series of instructional videos that demostrate the effective teaching of key concepts and strategies.