27 Nov 2015
$99.99 NZDAdd To Cart
- Chapters have been revised and updated with current research and practice examples. NEW/heavily revised chapters:
- Global health *NEW*
- Population health *NEW*
- Epidemiology *NEW*
- Ecology and Health *NEW*
- Marginalised populations *NEW*
- Health promotion *Heavily revised*
- Determinants of Indigenous Health *Heavily revised*
- Social Marketing *Heavily revised*
- Concepts of Health and Primary Health Care chapter are two chapters
- Part 1 provides a comprehensive introduction to the health field, explaining the key health concepts: Determinants of health; Primary Health Care; Public Health; Population Health; Global Health and Health Promotion.
- Theory has been unpacked and concepts fully explained to ensure that this is truly an accessible text to those starting their education in health.
- Updated Theory to Practice boxes that look at the theory working in real-world examples. Includes case study examples to highlight practical implications for key groups of practitioners.
- Stronger focus on data and research with new Research in Practice Boxes presenting studies that use a variety of methods (includes qualitative and quantitative).
- Increased content on content on:
- Migrants, asylum seekers
- Enhanced navigation and signposting of topics through the addition of Key Learning Objectives and cross-referential margin links to ensure students can connect concepts throughout the text.
Upon publication, the following resources will be available for lecturers using Understanding Health 4th edition:
- Instructor’s Resource Manual (Tutorial activities)
2-3 tutorial activities per chapter
- Testbank (updated from previous edition)
20-30 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and 6 short-answer questions (with answers) per chapter.
- Image gallery
Read a sample chapter from Understanding Health fourth edition: