14 Dec 2015
$108.99 NZDAdd To Cart Request an inspection copy
Sociologic: Analysing Everyday Life and Culture is a contemporary introduction to sociology for the modern student. Readers will learn about sociological concepts through examination of a variety of theories and theorists, all the while relating and applying this knowledge to their own experiences of everyday life. Students will relish exploring the world of society and culture through personal narrative, humour, and examples.
Editor James Arvanitakis has assembled a stellar author team who collectively give students the tools to analyse how society functions, operates and changes… and lay down a challenge to change it for the better.
- Learn through the voices of real people – student and professional profiles throughout the text show real life examples of situations and expose readers to a wealth of voices and perspectives.
- Critical reflection questions and discussion questions – encourage students to look at their own lives as they learn so they can see how the theories are relevant.
- Rich with extra references and further reading to help readers investigate each subject area to greater depths.
Edited by James Arvanitakis – Professor, Institute for Culture and Society, University of Western Sydney.
Michelle Black – Australian Catholic University
- Multiple choice questions for each chapter
- Interactive activities identify key theorists and research methods
- Flashcard glossary to learn key terms
- Videos of James Arvanitakis discussing different sociological topics
- Research methods quiz
- Go to www.oxfordascend.com
- Register for an account
- Activate the code (printed inside the back cover of your textbook) within your account
The following resources are available for lecturers who prescribe Sociologic for their course:
- Instructors Resource Manual
- PowerPoint slides
For more information about the resources for Sociologic, please contact your Oxford Territory Manager.
Read a sample chapter from Sociologic:
Look inside the Sociologic Oxford Ascend student resources: