Information for Authors
Publish with Oxford University Press – Primary and Secondary
If you have a publishing idea and would like to know how to present it to the Oxford Primary or Secondary Divisions, please read the guidelines below on how to submit a proposal.
Oxford University Press has a strong local publishing program, publishing dictionaries, textbooks, and resource books for schools. The Primary division has a focus on publishing printed and digital product for core maths and English skills. We do not publish one-off children's books for the general market. The Secondary Division has a focus on publishing printed and digital resources for English, Science, History, Geography, Mathematics, Health and Food Technology, Business and Legal.
Guidelines for submitting a publishing proposal
Your proposal should include:
- Contact details – your name, work and home address, email address, and telephone and facsimile numbers.
- Curriculum vitae – your academic qualifications, current position, relevant past positions, and previous publications or an updated version if you have already published with OUPANZ.
- Rationale – a brief statement of the aims and approach of your proposal.
- Market – identify the course and year level for the material.
- Provide details of any syllabus change relevant to your proposal.
- Competition information – identify the current resources and indicate how your approach and content compares with them.
- Table of contents.
- Sample chapter – modelling the chapter structure for the book.
- Ancillary material – outline your ideas and expectations for any additional materials that will help promote and sell the material, such as web support, teacher resources, study guides, and digital content.
Send your submission to:
Primary Division (or Secondary Division)|
Oxford University Press
8/737 Bourke St,
Publish with Oxford University Press – Higher Education
Oxford University Press Australia and New Zealand is committed to high quality local publishing, seeking to excite and interest students, while offering them access to the world’s best research and content. For more information for both prospective and contracted authors please click here.