HASS and STEM: Teacher Workshops QLD
The Oxford team will showcase a range of resources designed to make it easier to plan for and teach Humanities and Social Sciences and STEM. See how:
- Oxford Atlas+ for Australian Schools fosters the application of STEM knowledge and skills within and across content areas, including inquiry-based learning. We will also preview new online resources that provide targeted support for the Technologies curriculum, including coding.
- OZBOX: Learning Through Literacy and Oxford Literacy Guided Reading assist in the teaching and comprehension of concepts related to STEM and the Australian Curriculum for Science and Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Our suite of maths resources supports STEM using Open-Ended Maths Activities and Challenging Mathematical Tasks; differentiation using Oxford Maths; and explicit teaching using Maths Plus.
We have also partnered with EDSCO Education Superstore, who will demonstrate an offering of coding and robotics products that can assist you in effectively teaching STEM content.
- 4.00 pm – 4.30 pm: Registration and light refreshments
- 4.30 pm – 5.30 pm: Workshop
Dates and Venues
Wednesday 28 February 2018 – Graceville State School
23 Acacia Ave, GracevilleParking: Street parking is available on Acacia Ave and Park Road.
Tuesday 6 March 2018 – EDSCO Education Superstore
12B Windorah St, StaffordParking: Limited parking is available beneath EDSCO, with additional parking available in surrounding streets.
Tuesday 13 March 2018 - Coomera Rivers State School
81–87 Finnegan Way, Coomera
Parking: Parking is available on the school grounds in front of the Corporate Services building (enter via Finnegan Way).
If you are unable to attend but would like to know more, please contact us using the button below.