Students and teachers will benefit from a number of new features designed to provide deeper assessment, tracking and reporting capabilities that better support each student’s individual learning journey.
- 10 automatically-marked ‘Are You Ready’ pre-test questions for every chapter, to help assess prerequisite knowledge
- 20 automatically-marked post-test questions for every chapter, to save you time and provide evidence of student growth and achievement
- Markbook functionality, enabling you to:
- filter student results by class or group for all online tests and quizzes
- add test results from self-administered tests or quizzes
- add commentsfor individual students
- HTML or PDF reports for individual students, containing all test and quiz results, and comments
- A Markbook that lets you focus on teaching to ensure your students achieve success, and automatically takes care of all the administration!
In more detail
Tests and practice quizzes
The pre-tests consist of 10 multiple-choice questions designed to test prerequisite knowledge. The post-tests consist of 20 multiple-choice questions designed to test the knowledge accumulated throughout that chapter.
All online tests are automatically marked, with results instantly fed through to the Markbook and available for teachers to view.
Reporting with Markbook
- Markbook and progress reports will be available at whole book, chapter and topic levels, for example:
- Chapter 6: Statistical analysis
- Topic 6A: Statistical investigations
- You can add or edit your own comments against individual students, making notes about their performance and areas to focus on
- You can add test results from any other assessment that you’ve self-administered
- Individual progress reports can be download for parent-teacher nights to show:
- student achievement against the average performance level of their class
- where the student’s strengths and weaknesses are.
How we will store your school’s data
All computing resources utilised for the supply of Oxford Digital are located within the Amazon Web Services facilities located in Sydney, Australia. They are located in these zones for both data security and performance reasons.
A more in-depth document about data security will be available soon, but if you have any concerns, please contact your local Oxford Education Consultant by completing the form at the bottom of this page.
When will the new enhancements be available?
The enhancements will be switched on automatically and will become available in January 2020.
How does this impact my existing Oxford Insight Mathematics Standard obook?
If you’re an early commencement school in Term 4, 2019:
- your current obook assess will be active until the end of the calendar year (Oct–Dec 2019)
- it is recommended that before December 2019 you download your students' data via a CSV file for your records.
What happens after December 2019?
Data migration will not be possible.
- Early commencement data will not be stored when the Markbook functionality goes live in January 2020.
- It will not be possible to upload the data you downloaded between Oct–Dec to the enhanced obook assess.
- Classes and groups will be maintained with the switch-over.
Don’t have an obook for Oxford Insight Mathematics Standard?
Simply complete the form below and an Oxford Education Consultant will be in contact to help you get started.