Students and teachers will benefit from a number of new features designed to provide deeper assessment, tracking and reporting capabilities that better support each student’s individual learning journey.
- 10 automatically-marked ‘Are You Ready’ pre-test questions for every chapter, to help assess students' level of understanding.
- 20 automatically-marked post-test questions for every chapter, to save you time and provide evidence of student growth and achievement.
- Markbook functionality that enables you to:
- filter student results by class or group for all online tests and quizzes
- add test results from self-administered tests or quizzes
- add comments for individual students.
- HTML or PDF reports for individual students, containing all test results, quiz results and comments.
- A Markbook that automatically takes care of administration, enabling you to focus on teaching to ensure your students achieve success.
Auto-marked 'Are You Ready?' pre-test questions
In more detail
Tests and practice quizzes
The pre-tests consist of 10 multiple-choice questions designed to test prerequisite knowledge. The post-tests consist of 20 multiple-choice questions designed to test the knowledge accumulated throughout that chapter. All online tests are automatically marked, with results instantly fed through to the Markbook and available for teachers to view.
Reporting with Markbook
- Markbook and progress reports will be available at whole book, chapter and topic levels, for example:
- Chapter 6: Statistical analysis
- Topic 6A: Statistical investigations.
- You can add or edit your own comments against individual students, making notes about their progress and areas requiring focus.
- You can add test results from any other assessment that you’ve self-administered.
- Individual progress reports can be downloaded for parent-teacher nights to show:
- students' achievement against the average performance level of their class
- where students’ strengths and weaknesses are.
Track student results with the new Markbook feature
Enhanced reporting captures all results and comments
When will the new enhancements be available?
The enhancements will be switched on in January 2020.
How does this impact my existing Oxford Insight Mathematics Standard obook?
If you’re an early commencement school in Term 4, 2019:
- Your current obook assess will be active until the end of the calendar year (Oct–Dec 2019).
- For your records, it is recommended that you download your students' data via a CSV file before December 2019.
What happens after December 2019?
Data migration will not be possible after December 2019.
- Early commencement data will not be stored when the Markbook functionality goes live in January 2020.
- It will not be possible to upload the data you downloaded between Oct–Dec to the enhanced obook assess.
- Classes and groups will be maintained with the switch-over.
How we will store your school’s data
For both data security and performance reasons, all computing resources utilised for the supply of Oxford Digital are located within the Amazon Web Services facilities located in Sydney, Australia.
A more in-depth document about data security will be available soon, but if you have any concerns, please contact your local Oxford Education Consultant by completing the form at the bottom of this page.
Don’t have an obook for Oxford Insight Mathematics Standard?
Simply complete the form below and an Oxford Education Consultant will be in contact to help you get started.