Health and Physical Education
Issues for Curriculum in Australia and New Zealand
- Lecturer Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Student Resources
- Sample Pages
- Comprehensive discussion of concepts central to health and physical. Education curriculum in Australia and New Zealand
- Teacher Boxes – real life examples to illustrate theory in real school situations
- Unique insights into power struggles within curriculum construction – who benefits and who loses?
- Thorough exploration of discourses, dominant and marginal, evident in health and physical education curriculum: and agendas for further development and research
- Contributors from around Australia and New Zealand ensure a variety of material and perspectives.
Maree DinanThompson and Dawn Penney
1 Cycl(scept)ical Circuits of Power and Control in Australian HPE Curriculum
2 Curriculum Acoustics: Analysing the Changing Voice of the New Zealand Health and Physical Education Curriculum
Tania Cassidy and Alan Ovens
3 Voices in Health and Physical Education Policy and Practice in Australian States and Territorie
4 Locating Teacher Voice in Curriculum Reform
Ross Brooker and Dawn Penney
5 Should Kids 'Be Seen and Not Heard'?: Where are the Students in HPE Curriculum?
6 Locating the 'Sexual Voice' in Health and Physical Education Curriculum 106
Deana Leahy, Mary Lou Rasmussen and Maree DinanThompson
7 Indigenous Perspectives in HPE Curriculum: Contradictions and Colonisation
Part 2 Multiple Messages
Part Introduction Maree
DinanThomp son and Dawn Penney
8 Discursive Dilemmas in New Zealand's Health and Physical Education Curriculum
9 What Does a 'Sociocultural Perspective' Mean in Health and Physical Education?
Ken Cliff, Jan Wright and Deb Clarke
10 Dicing with Death: Tensions, Contradictions and Awkward Positions in School Health Education
Michael Gard and Deana Leahy
11 Positioning the Physical in Health and Physical Education
Louise McCuaig and Peter Hay
12 Broadening Perspectives on Assessment in Health and Physical Education
13 Physical Education as Vocational Education: A Marginalising Curriculum Space
Seth Brown and Doune Macdonald
14 Contemporary Issues and Future Agendas for Health and Physical Education
Doune Macdonald and Dawn Penney
Maree Dinan Thompson , Senior Lecturer, School of Education, James Cook University
The following resources are available for lecturers who prescribe Health and Physical Education for their courses:
- Instructor's Resource Manual
For more information about the resources for Health and Physical Education, please contact your Oxford Territory Manager.