With each title clearly linked to the science curriculum, WorldWise is a high-interest literacy program that encourages inquiry and questioning while extending knowledge in science and a range of STEM topics linked to the curriculum.
Features of the WorldWise program:
- Links to the science curriculum (natural, physical and earth sciences).
- Content that will immediately engage students and reflect the diversity of the world students live in.
- Graphical devices and striking photographs to support the content.
- Research opportunities with Find out more and Think about boxes.
- Texts that introduce and revisit themes and concepts across the reading stages, and build on initial concepts with increasing complexity.
- A variety of text types.
- Offers teachers flexibility for small group, partner and independent work.
- Digital support – WorldWise Investigations and Formative Assessment.
WorldWise teaches reading strategies simultaneously with natural, earth and physical science concepts. Lesson Plans for each text establish a reading focus with explicit links to the science curriculum.
Students will develop strategies and skills to read informative texts across a range of text types while they learn to become informative text writers.
WorldWise texts introduce and revisit themes and concepts across the reading stages and build on initial concepts with increasing complexity.
WorldWise provides students with gradually increasing challenges. At each of the three levels, the student books cover topics relating to the science curriculum.
Each of the WorldWise student books:
- Contain texts with relatable content that will immediately engage students
- Demonstrate diversity in the world student’s live
- The titles contain graphic devices and striking photographs to support the content
- There are research opportunities with Find out more and Think about
- All titles are linked to the science curriculum
- The titles introduce and revisit themes and concepts across the reading stages and build on initial concepts with increasing complexity
- A range of text types are represented
WorldWise resources teach reading strategies simultaneously with natural, earth and physical science topics.
Student books are supported by an accompanying Lesson Plan. The Lesson Plans establish a reading focus with explicit links to the science curriculum, and support teachers in creating an active learning environment.
Click here to view Curriculum Correlation Charts
For more teacher resources visit the WorldWise website.
Web-based investigations provide extension activities for selected titles in the program. Each activity encourages exploration of content linked to the curriculum outcomes in a deeper and more hands-on-way. Students are supported with a framework that encourages investigation and inquiry.
- Frame questions and define problems
- Record data
- Organise, analyse and interpret data
- Present and share