Consumer Behaviour in Action
Consumer Behaviour in Action
Paperback + obook
30 Jan 2015
$122.99 NZDAdd To Cart
Consumer Behaviour in Action introduces students to the fundamental concepts of consumer behaviour in a contemporary context. The text provides a balanced approach as it illustrates theory with practical applications and research methods for understanding consumers. Practical examples and case studies provide global, regional and local industry examples. Extended case studies covering topics such as Nike, Cricket Australia, Target, and McDonald's in overseas markets, draw together each part of the book to connect the themes discussed and encourage students to develop a deeper understanding of the material. Research and insights from fields such as psychology, sociology and complex systems are included.
The accompanying enriched obook (available free with the paperback) and supplementary digital resources provides superior, ready-to-use support for both students and lecturers.
- Provides a thorough analysis of consumer behaviour for the future professional.
- Provides numerous real world examples of marketing in the Australasian region and practical examples from developed and less developed countries.
- Features perspectives from a range of industry practitioners at various points in their careers.
- Features a diverse range of organisations, goods and services and covers the social (positive and negative) impact of consumer behaviour.
- Includes additional examples and videos in the obook.
Peter Ling is Deputy Dean (Communication) in the School of Media and Communication and Associate Professor in Advertising at RMIT University.
Steven D’Alessandro is Professor in the School of Marketing and Management at Charles Sturt University.
Hume Winzar is Associate Professor in the Department of Marketing and Management at Macquarie University
- Sujana Adapa, Lecturer in Management (Strategy & Marketing), UNE Business School, University of New England
- Adam Ferrier is the Chief Strategy Officer and Partner at independent creative: media agency Cummins and Partners.
- Nancy Georges is a retail strategist, with over 25 years’ experience; she is a social media expert who is sharing her skill and know-how with clients and at conferences, seminars, workshops and masterclasses.
- Matt Gillings is Marketing Manager at PLAY Communications. Sydney, Australia.
- Virginia Hyland: In 2013 the Marketing and Media Trade Press - B&T, and the industry, voted her the number one Female in Media – Media Agency category.
- Adrian Mills is Group Account Director at McCann Melbourne.
- Lorraine Murphy founded The Remarkables Group in 2012: the first dedicated talent agency for bloggers in Australia.
- Marthin Nanere, Senior Lecturer in Marketing, Faculty of Economics, Business and Law, La Trobe University
- Jodie Sangster is CEO of Australia’s Association for Data-driven Marketing and Advertising (ADMA) and Chair of the International Federation of DMAs.
- Muhammed Sayem, Lecturer, School of Business, University of Canberra
- Lidia Tang is a Global Brand Manager at Unilever in Singapore.
- Kathy Hatzis has over 20 years’ experience in consumer and brand marketing for some of Australia’s largest multi-channel advertisers, most recently as Head of Retail Marketing at ANZ Bank.
- May O. Lwin, Associate Professor of Strategic Communication at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Rebecca Pini is the Founder and Managing Director of made4media.
- Ken Roberts is the founder and CEO of Forethought Research.
- Claudia Steven is Account Director at Red Jelly Advertising, Tasmania, Australia.
- Jan Zwar, Lecturer, Department of Marketing and Management, Macquarie University
Each paperback copy of Consumer Behaviour in Action comes with a free obook - an integrated, online ebook with extra content and resources built in. Your obook includes:
- Hotlinked learning objectives to help with revision
- Instant access to video examples and interviews with marketing professionals
- Embedded weblinks
- Live chapter revision questions
- Integrated dictionary, highlighting and note taking features.
The following resources are available for lecturers who prescribe Consumer Behaviour in Action for their course:
Instructor's Resource Manual containing:
- Guide to the obook and Oxford Digital Student Resources
- Lecture guidelines by subject area
- Answers to revision questions from the text
- Tutorial activities for each chapter
- Discussion questions for each chapter
Testbank consisting of multiple choice questions and short answer questions for each chapter.
Tables from the book in digital format
For more information about the resources for Consumer Behaviour in Action, please contact your Oxford Territory Manager.
You can also look inside the Consumer Behaviour in Action obook, an integrated, online ebook with extra content and resources built in.