Early Childhood Prize: $750
Primary Prize: $750
Secondary Prize: $750
If resources were no object – what would you ideal classroom look like?
This year for the Oxford Education Innovation Award we are inviting all pre-service teachers studying in Australia to use their imagination and innovation to build their ideal classroom.
How to enter
- Decide whether you would like to make a classroom for Early Childhood, Primary or Secondary school students.
- Create your ideal classroom. You can draw it, make a diorama or decorate an actual room and take photos – show us your room any way you can*.
- Write a 1000 word reflective essay telling us about your space and why it would be a positive learning environment for students.
- Please read carefully both the terms and conditions and submission guidelines (available below).
- Fill out the entry form and submit your entry either on USB to: Jess Howard, Oxford University Press, 253 Normanby Road, VIC, 3205 or email email@example.com by Friday 10th October, 2014.
Things you’ll need to enter
The winning entries will be judged by a selection of teacher education academics from around Australia. The prizes will be given to the room that best demonstrate:
- An innovative approach
- Application of best teaching practice
- Critical moments in teaching and learning
- Highly reflective learning outcomes
- Effective communication skills
- A positive learning environment
This competition is open to all students studying Teacher Education in Australia. Please see the terms and conditions and submission guidelines for more details and direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.