Request a consultation to view full sample pages
Complete the form below to schedule a conversation with your local Oxford Education Consultant and gain access to full sample pages from
Oxford Big Ideas Humanities and Social Sciences Western Australian Curriculum Skills and Activities Books.
Oxford Big Ideas HASS
Skills and Activities Books
Western Australian Curriculum Years 7–10
- Word wizard engages students’ literacy skills using key terminology from the unit of study.
- Skill school explicitly focuses on building key skills in each subject area.
- Analysis ace develops students’ confidence in analysing sources in each subject area.
- Case cracker enables students to develop and practice skills in context using engaging case studies.
- Writing winner develops essential HASS writing skills, from taking notes and referencing sources to constructing essays and using data.
- Fun finish engages students with fun tasks, including designing and drawing, group activities, working with their hands and thinking innovatively.
- Skills survey concludes each section with a self-assessment checklist for students to rate their confidence using essential HASS skills.
- Revision remedy offers students a range of skills-based multiple-choice and short-answer questions designed to consolidate learning.
- Glossary grab provides a space for students to record key terms and encourages students to develop their understanding of key terminology as they learn.