At OUP, we believe in the power of the written word and the scholarship that stands behind it. Everything we publish relates directly to our mission: to support Oxford University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education. As a publisher, we take pride in this mission, which allows us to enable, support, and facilitate research and scholarship. As a not-for-profit organization, we generate revenue in order to publish, and to support the University’s wider educational mission. We share the University's uncompromising standards, defining qualities, and belief in the transformative power of education to inspire progress and realise human potential.
Scholarships funded by OUP
Charitable giving for education partners
World Vision Australia and Oxford University Press
Our donation of books to World Vision Australia has helped to impact the lives of children in Malawi. Through World Vision’s Unlock Literacy project a total of 22,350 children are learning to perfect their English through the donated OUP books to practice and enhance their knowledge and skills in reading and writing English.
Impact in Malawi
- World Vision is working with 282 Primary Schools in Malawi where 122, 168 boys and 125, 132 girls are benefiting from its interventions
- World Vision is working in all 29 districts in Malawi through 36 long terms development programs and other grant funded projects
- 9,735 books distributed
- 2,234 boys have directly benefitted
- 4,719 girls have directly benefitted
- 11,970 books distributed
- 2,136 boys have directly benefitted
- 5,293 girls have directly benefited