New South Wales Syllabus
Our market-leading resources are used in primary schools right across Australia in Years F–6. Experience the Oxford difference today at a high-value price. Select the year level below to view the bundle:
- 9780190026189 Oxford Value Bundle Year K (print + digital)
- 9780190026196 Oxford Value Bundle Year 1 (print + digital)
- 9780190026202 Oxford Value Bundle Year 2 (print + digital)
- 9780190026219 Oxford Value Bundle Year 3 (print + digital)
- 9780190026226 Oxford Value Bundle Year 4 (print + digital)
- 9780190026233 Oxford Value Bundle Year 5 (print + digital)
- 9780190026240 Oxford Value Bundle Year 6 (print + digital)
Oxford Value Bundles include print and digital resources, premium digital teacher resources and ongoing support to ensure you can seamlessly implement Oxford resources into your school today. The New South Wales Syllabus Oxford Value Bundles include:
Maths Plus provides spiralling content where concepts are explored, then built on throughout the year and across year levels. This helps learners make connections over time, supporting recall and fluency. The series offers varied learning experiences such as interactive concept exploration, learning, practice and consolidation activities, problem solving tasks, extra support and extension activities, and mentals and homework activities.
- Maths Plus Student Book pages are colour-coded to match the three Australian Curriculum: Mathematics content strands of Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry, and Statistics and Probability. The books include four diagnostic term reviews (Years 1–6) to assess concepts and skills and investigation units to allow students to apply their knowledge and show their understanding.
- The Assessment Books include short post-tests for each topic supported by a suggested teaching and testing schedule available on the Teacher Dashboard. Simple marking system enables easy conversion to percentages.
- The Mentals and Homework Books include essential revision and consolidation activities that directly correspond to the concepts and units of work presented in the Student Books. All unit activities arranged under the three Australian Curriculum: Mathematics strands.
The Maths Plus Teacher Dashboard provides online access to a wealth of resources and support material for Kinder to Year 6.
Used in conjunction with the Maths Plus Student Books, Assessment Books and Mentals and Homework Books it offers teachers access:
- curricula and planning documents
- assessment and grading guides
- interactive unit introductions
- learning activities support and extension activities reflection.s
The Teacher Dashboard is accessed via Oxford Owl.
Oxford Handwriting for News South Wales is a complete handwriting program. Designed to develop the building blocks of handwriting, it features correct posture and grip models, and opportunities to model and practise accurate letter formation and joining techniques.
- Student books F–2 include patterns to introduce letter groups and develop fluency skills, starting dots and direction arrows.
- Student books 3–6 include size, slope and spacing instructions, handwriting tips for joining techniques and activities to develop a fluent, automatic handwriting style.
- All books include automated formation of high-frequency Oxford Wordlist words, self-assessment pages and ‘track your progress’ spreads.
Teaching Support with Oxford Handwriting
Oxford Handwriting offers complimentary teaching support via Oxford Owl. The teaching support includes:
- access to over 100 activity sheets for consolidation and practice
- access to digital teaching activities to develop accurate and automatic formation of letters, numbers and high-frequency words from the Oxford Wordlist.
A suite of Oxford Handwriting online teaching resources can be found on Oxford Owl.
Oxford Australian First Dictionary is the perfect introduction to using a dictionary. Included in this dictionary are over 1500 headwords, 300 full-colour illustrations and explicit identification of the Oxford Wordlist words. This dictionary all includes:
- complimentary online activity sheets for practice
- an additional illusatrated section at the back with thematic wordlists covering content such as colours, numbers and shapes.
A suite of Oxford Dictionary online teaching resources can be found on Oxford Owl.
My Personal Dictionary New South Wales is the ideal resource for writing across the curriculum and helps children understand the use of reference tools through the creation of their own simple versions.
- Uses state-specific handwriting fonts for practising handwriting skills.
- Includes phonics pages on short vowel rhyming words.
- Provides special illustrated wordlists at the back for covering different themes in the curriculum.
- Includes all 500 Oxford Wordlist high-frequency words.