Revision and Exam Guides for Queensland
Hi there... I’m Bud!
Let me introduce to you our new Oxford Study Buddy Revision and Exam Guides. Written by expert teachers and examiners, these resources have been developed to help students in Queensland prepare for their QCE External Assessments and achieve their very best!
Each of the nine titles in the series follows our patented four-step approach to exam success, so let’s take a quick look inside and I’ll show you how it all works!
Take the stress out of exam success
Watch a short video to learn how Study Buddy Revision and Exam Guides help you to ace your exams!
Studying for Success
- A complete overview of how the exams will be structured and assessed
- Tips and tricks to help you study and prepare
- Expert advice on how to maximise your marks!
- Targeted revision notes for all examinable content (organised by Unit, Topic and Subtopic)
- Study tips, Examiner’s tips, Worked examples and more
- Extra digital resources and quizzes online
Practice Questions & Official Past Papers
- Heaps of unseen practice questions organised by Unit, Topic and Subtopic (including QCAA sample questions)
- Complete QCAA past papers
- Complete sample answers to every question
- Detailed marking advice and mark allocations
Winner of the best secondary reference resource at the Educational Publishing Australia Awards!
"Based on principles of cognitive science, Oxford Study Buddy Revision and Exam Guides is an original suite of reference resources that address the stress associated with exam study and supports students as they master and retain knowledge and skills.
The unique inclusion of comic stories, sarcastic sense of humour and pop culture references help to engage students. Aligned to the descriptors of the Queensland state curriculum, this reference resource provides depth, while clearly breaking down exam revision in a meaningful way for students.
Both the print and online resources are user friendly and easy to navigate, and support students in flexible ways at different times and at different stages of their study."
What are people saying about Oxford Study Buddy?
"My daughter had a poor result on her "Mock" external exam for Chemistry (9 out of 75) and had decided that this would be the subject that "wouldn't count" towards her ATAR. But after purchasing the Study Buddy she scored 41/50 on her external exam...an extraordinary outcome. All in the space of 6 weeks. I am now recommending this product to all parents I know with ATAR-aged students."
- Brad, parent
Take a look inside
‘Failing to plan is planning to fail’, so each Oxford Study Buddy Revision and Exam Guide begins by providing:
- a summary of exactly what’s examinable and how the external assessment is structured
- clear examples that show students how to interpret every type of question and structure their responses for maximum marks
- expert tips and advice to help students plan their study time and use it effectively
- a ‘countdown to success’ checklist to make sure students have what they need to perform at their best on the day.
Everything students need to revise effectively is provided in Chapter 2 REVISION, including:
- concise revision notes for all examinable content
- integrated knowledge organisers and visual elements (e.g. tables, flowcharts, diagrams, and graphs) to support understanding
- content organised by Unit, Topic and Subtopic of the syllabus
- Study tips, Examiner’s tips, Key concept boxes, Worked examples, and more
- handy links to related practice questions in Chapter 3
- additional auto-correcting multiple choice questions available online via obook assess.
Everything students need to practise their knowledge and skills is provided in Chapter 3 PRACTICE QUESTIONS, including:
- questions grouped by Unit, Topic and Subtopic, so it’s easy to revise and test understanding
- hundreds of unseen multiple choice, short response and extended response questions (depending on subject requirements)
- official QCAA sample questions
- space provided for making notes and writing answers
- ‘My mark’ feature that allows students to self-assess their responses and identify areas of weakness.
Everything students need to test their knowledge and skills is provided in Chapter 4 OFFICIAL PAST PAPERS, including:
- complete QCAA past papers from 2020 to help students test themselves under exam conditions prior to the big day
- space for making notes and writing answers
- ‘My mark’ feature that allows students to self-assess their responses and identify areas of strength and weakness.
Everything students need to check their understanding and self-assess their answers is provided in Chapter 5 ANSWERS, including:
- solutions to every question
- explanations for all multiple choice questions that provide additional support for students
- detailed marking advice and examiner notes for every question to help students self-assess their own responses.